DEEPCASTER FORTRESS ASSETS LETTER
DEEPCASTER HIGH POTENTIAL SPECULATOR
DEEPCASTER HIGH YIELD PORTFOLIO
Wealth Preservation Wealth Enhancement
Profit Nuggets From Grand Delusions
“Keynesian and monetarist economists claim all that’s needed to return prosperity in the PIIGS countries is looser money and their own currencies. The next best thing would be transforming the character of the euro from that of the German mark to the Italian lira. They’re wrong. A policy that tries to restore conditions that existed before the euro crisis will fail, just like the foolish U.S. policy effort to reinflate the housing bubble. Prosperity comes from savings and investment, not government deficits and welfare state programs financed by the printing press.” (emphasis added)
Dan Amoss, CFA, Agora Financial, 8/24/12
Too true! But “government deficits and welfare state programs financed by the printing press” will not be abandoned any time soon. Since the consequences of not trying to continue to kick the Economic Can down The Road (to the Cliff) are unacceptable to Globalist Politicians and Bankers at The Fed, and the ECB, the printing will continue; thus providing the Delusion (publicized by the MainStream Media) that Recovery is on the way, until Reality pierces it.
Until then, print they will (see below regarding Spain – critically important to the International Financial System). The only questions are: when, how much, and when does Reality stop them?
But the Can Kicking provides Profit Opportunities. So how does one Profit while the Can Kicking continues? Savvy forecasting of the Timing and Variety of Can Kicking can greatly enhance the chances for Profit and Protection, and prepares one for the more widespread recognition of The Impending Reality.
That Reality, by the way, is Hyperstagflation. The excessive money printing and credit provision (QE1, 2, LTRO, and ESM, etc. e.g.) which has occurred so far has not revived the Economy. But it has caused substantial Inflation if one looks at the Real Numbers, rather than Bogus Official ones (see Note 1). The ultimate result is described by Marc Faber.
“There’s still a 100 percent chance the world heads into recession, Marc Faber, publisher of ‘The Gloom, Boom & Doom Report,’ told CNBC’s ‘Closing Bell’ on Thursday, echoing a call he made in May.
“…‘The U.S. economy has decelerated and I don’t see much growth in the next six to 12 months,’ Faber said.
“…‘I think that if you look at the injection of liquidity and the intervention by the Federal Reserve and the Treasury with fiscal measures, it has already impoverished the U.S. economy,’ he said.
“…‘Corporate profits will disappoint over the next 12 to 18 months.’”
“Odds of Global Recession Are 100%”
Marc Faber to CNBC’s “Closing Bell,” 8/23/2012
Indeed! The Mega-Banker Interventions have so distorted the Financial Markets and Economy that most Sectors have become mainly dependent on Interventions, even though The Delusion persists among many that these Sectors trade mainly on Fundamentals.
- Invest and Trade with well-informed forecasts of likely future Monetary, Credit, and related Interventions in mind and with the recognition that we are likely headed into a Hyperstagflationary Era.
- On the Price-Bullish side, focus on those few sectors, like Food and Energy, whose prices, though somewhat affected by Interventions like Q.E. for example (which impelled increases in Food Prices) still Trade Mainly on Fundamentals.
- Pay close attention to the Debt Markets and especially Sovereign and other debt yields. Generally, Sovereign Debt (including U.S., U.K., and France as well as the PIIGS) is in a bubble which has begun to leak, and will eventually burst. Thus yields will be rising mid to long term. Consider Keith Weiner regarding debt and The Fate of Fiat Paper Currencies.
“Debt has been growing exponentially everywhere… Debt is backed with debt, based on debt, dependent on debt, and leveraged with yet more debt. For example, today it is possible to buy a bond (i.e. lend money) on margin (i.e., with borrowed money).
“The time is now fast approaching when all debt will be defaulted on. In our perverse monetary system, one party's debt is another's "money." A debtor's default will impact the creditor (who is usually also a debtor to yet other creditors), causing him to default, and so on. When this begins in earnest, it will wipe out the banking system and thus everyone's "money." The paper currencies will not survive this.”
“Is Gold Backwardation Now Permanent?”
Keith Weiner, New Austrian School of Economics, 2/29/2012
While we do not agree that “all” Debt will be defaulted on, or with, Weiner’s basic point, that Major Fiat Currencies with the Purchasing Power which they now embody, will not survive. However, his comments point in the right direction: there will be increasing Sovereign Defaults, since The Icelandic Solution (see our recent Article) is probably the only one for many Sovereigns for the long run. And the Purchasing Power of Fiat Currencies will continue to decline vis-à-vis Real Assets.
- Bear in mind that ongoing Q.E. and related actions, etc. conducted by the private for-profit Fed and ECB is intended mainly to bail out the Mega-Banks, i.e. to keep them from collapsing from their own Bad Debts. (Recall that the Financial Accounting Standards Board decided that Banks could mark their portfolios to Model (i.e. to Myth) rather than to Market.)
If Bailing out the Mega-Banks were not the main purpose, why is it that The Fed continues to pay “interest” to the Mega-Banks for depositing their Reserves at the Fed. Were these “interest” payments to cease, the money could be loaned to job-creating small businesses which, generally, are starved for funds. That would increase employment and economic growth.
- Yes China is slowing. And, yes, the Economy there is probably worse than its Highly Controlled Official Statistics reveal. But its exports are still greater than imports and its relatively (to the west) high interest rates reveal an economy which is still growing, albeit more slowly.
- And even though Gold and Silver prices are subject to ongoing suppression by The Cartel* (see Note 2), which has had an increasingly difficult time maintaining its Takedowns, Takedowns which have bottomed at increasingly high levels.
- Spanish Banks are experiencing a Bank Run. ECB data revealed that outflows from Spanish Banks were €74 Billion ($93 Billion) in July, twice the previous monthly record. These banks have lost 11% of their deposits already this year.
Since the Spanish economy is much larger than Greece’s, this will probably impel the ECB to print more Euros. This will depreciate that Fiat currency even more, and that is Good for Gold, Hold thy Gold! We do forecast another Takedown is likely which should provide a Buying Opportunity (see Note 3 below).
- Increasing Prices for Food are not only the result of the U.S. Drought, but also caused in large part by ongoing QE-caused Fiat Currency Purchasing Power Dilution. (Remember the “Arab Spring” over a year ago was launched by Food Price Increases.) Food Prices are not going to be dropping much, if at all. Food Prices are in a long-term uptrend. Therefore, more Societal Disruptions are coming.
- Excessive (i.e. well in excess of GDP Growth) Central Bank generated Money Printing and Credit Provisions are causing Real Inflation which is masked by Bogus Numbers (see Note 1). Invest in Assets which hold their value in periods of Monetary Inflation (see Note 4 regarding High Yield Portfolios).
August 30, 2012
Note 1: Shadowstats.com calculates Key Statistics the way they were calculated in the 1980s and 1990s before Official Data Manipulation began in earnest. Consider
Bogus Official Numbers vs. Real Numbers (per Shadowstats.com)
Annual U.S. Consumer Price Inflation reported August 15, 2012
1.41% / 9.02%
U.S. Unemployment reported August 3, 2012
8.3% / 22.9%
U.S. GDP Annual Growth/Decline reported July 27, 2012
2.21% / -2.15%
U.S. M3 reported August 4, 2012 (Month of July, Y.O.Y.)
No Official Report / 2.86% e
Note 2: *We encourage those who doubt the scope and power of Overt and Covert Interventions by a Fed-led Cartel of Key Central Bankers and Favored Financial Institutions to read Deepcaster’s December, 2009, Special Alert containing a summary overview of Intervention entitled “Forecasts and December, 2009 Special Alert: Profiting From The Cartel’s Dark Interventions - III” and Deepcaster’s July, 2010 Letter entitled "Profit from a Weakening Cartel; Buy Reco; Forecasts: Gold, Silver, Equities, Crude Oil, U.S. Dollar & U.S. T-Notes & T-Bonds" in the ‘Alerts Cache’ and ‘Latest Letter’ Cache at www.deepcaster.com. Also consider the substantial evidence collected by the Gold AntiTrust Action Committee at www.gata.org, including testimony before the CFTC, for information on precious metals price manipulation. Virtually all of the evidence for Intervention has been gleaned from publicly available records. Deepcaster’s profitable recommendations displayed at www.deepcaster.com have been facilitated by attention to these “Interventionals.” Attention to The Interventionals facilitated Deepcaster’s recommending five short positions prior to the Fall, 2008 Market Crash all of which were subsequently liquidated profitably.
Note 3: Rarely do the Fundamentals, Technicals, Interventionals and Actual Share Values line up so Favorably as now, for two specific Trades.
If one Security which we recommended last week were “merely” to return to its 52 week high that would generate about a 4,500% Return (that’s a four thousand five hundred percent Return), if one invested when we recommended.
Moreover, (while it is not likely to move all that way in the next 52 weeks) we think it likely it will make a Major Move in that direction in the next few months, and quite possibly in the next few weeks.
So it is important to explain why this is such a wonderful Opportunity going forward.
We agree with one of the Wise Old Timers of Market Forecasting – Richard Russell – that these Markets are “as Difficult and Puzzling as any that I’ve ever had to wrestle with.”
Russell notes that while Key Fundamentals are Lousy, and Dow Theory is signaling we are in a Primary Bear Market, (both True) the Equities Markets have been bullishly approaching recent Highs. Russell has recently expressed Puzzlement at that too. We do not.
In our September Letter recently posted we explain why, and identify two Trades which increasingly signaling “Bull”.
To see our Recommended trade which has multi-hundred per cent potential, and the two Sectors moving into Bull Tendency, read Deepcaster’s “September 2012 Letter; Opportunity Knocks LOUDLY But Briefly; Buy Reco; Forecasts: Key Commodities, Gold, Silver, Crude Oil; Equities, U.S. Dollar/Euro, U.S. T-Notes, T- Bonds, & Interest Rates; September Letter” posted in ‘Latest Letter and Archives’ at deepcaster.com.
Note 4: There are Magnificent Opportunities in the Ongoing Crises of Debt Saturation, Rising Unemployment, negative Real GDP growth, over 9.0% Real U.S. Inflation (per Shadowstats.com) and prospective Sovereign and other Defaults.
One Sector full of Opportunities is the High-Yield Sector. Deepcaster’s High Yield Portfolio is aimed at generating Total Return (Gain + Yield) well in excess of Real Consumer Price Inflation (9% per year in the U.S. per Shadowstats.com).
To consider our High-Yield Stocks Portfolio with Recent Yields of 10.6%, 18.5%, 26%, 15.6%, 8%, 6.7%, 8.6%, 10%, 14.9%, 10.4%, 15.4%, and 10.7% when added to the portfolio; go to www.deepcaster.com and click on ‘High Yield Portfolio’.